A globally active PE Sponsor was going through a period of change in its finance function with a considerable increase in the amount of formalisation of its processes. PMC was asked to provide the organisation with a review of its treasury operations based in London and an overseas Shared Service Centre.
- Interview the CFO, Group Controller and Shared Service Centre staff to gain an understanding of treasury processes and activities;
- Perform a detailed review of the existing reports, models and banking arrangements;
- Identify improvement opportunities and presented these to management;
- Incorporate suggested enhancements into a newly designed cash management and FX risk management framework;
- Draft a formal policy document which was ultimately adopted by the organization’s Executive Committee.
Results & Recommendations
By implementing our suggested recommendations, the PE house was able to establish a best practices treasury function.