Cash Forecasting with PMCA Cash Management
A manufacturer of medical devices required assistance with their cash forecasting processes which were manual, inefficient and insufficient to enable reliable decision making. Implementing PMCA Cash Management enabled the company to release over $5m in excess cash, reduce costs and improve working capital management.
- Decision making impacted due to lack of confidence in data integrity visibility of underlying FX exposure
- Management time taken up with manual and error prone spreadsheet based processes
- No intra-month visibility of cash
- Inconsistent formats and templates
- Difficulty tracking intercompany transactions
- Implementation of PMCA Cash Management.
- Bank connectivity to aggregate daily cash activity at transaction leve.
- Globally consistent templates and web based submission process with consistent formatting.
- Web based platform that reduces manual effort in consolidating spreadsheet forecasts.
- Intercompany process that ensures no out of balance positions.
>$5m excess cash identified
~30% reduction in FTE time
Visibility of FX exposures enabling efficient hedging
Improved data quality with 100% cash visibility
Improved working capital management